Lwannunda Childcare Foundation
P. O box 480
Ansprechpartner: Katumba Tonny
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Lwannunda Childcare Foundation is a community based organisation with a major goal of Early Childhood Development. It runs initiatives to achieve it.
Create a community in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the community treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Aims and objectives:
The Organization aims at eradicating ignorance, Diseases, poverty and violence by:
• Mobilizing human and material resources to uplift children’s living standards;
• Setting up income generating projects (IGPs) to help develop a revolving fund and enable self- reliance of the organisation;
• Establishing programs aimed at provision of clean water and improved nutrition to all by using locally available resources;
• Sourcing for cheaper/affordable medical services to the community at large;
• Putting the value of human life as a central value and concern;
• Creating an interactive forum for children and community members;
• Identifying, nurturing and developing talents among children;
• Establishing a resource center for developing, receiving and disseminating information
• Promoting non-violence as the only way to achieve results;
• Fighting discrimination against children in all its forms: racism, tribalism, ageism, sexism, etc.;
• Encouraging the continuous development and free distribution of human knowledge to children and all community members;
• Denouncing all forms of violence against children: physical, economic, psychological, sexual, religious, etc.;
• Promoting personal, cultural and social diversity;
• Committed to addressing issues related to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, T.B and other infectious diseases through campaigns for preventive measures, treatment and vaccinations;
• Identifying and supporting needy school children to attain formal education and training and helping young mothers to get technical skills.
• Establishing a sustainable steady network with other stakeholders: the government, organized groups, institutions and individuals to help promote the value of human life.
Lwannunda Childcare Foundation runs the first and only preschool in the community, girl child craft project, tailoring classes for community girls and young mothers and distributing sanitary pads to school going girls to improve their menstrual hygiene.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.