Palestinian Conflict and Transformation Center
Jerusalem Hebron Road, Old Sansour Bldg.
P.O. Box: 1039 Bethlehem
Ansprechpartner: Zoughbi Zoughbi
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Based in Bethlehem, Wi´am is a grassroots organization that strives along other democratic forces in the community to build a culture of non-violence and promote cross/inter cultural dialogue and respond to community needs. We also strive to build a democratic and pluralistic society with a focus on active youth participation in community building and the use of non-violent methods to deal with conflicts.
Wi´am the Palestinian Conflict Resolution Center began in March of 1995. The center focuses on helping to resolve disputes within the Palestinian community by complementing the traditional Arab form of mediation, called Sulha, with Western models of conflict resolution within the occupied and oppressed state of Palestine. We provide services for women and children and seek to educate the local community on human equality and basic rights.
Principles of Wi´am
Wi´am provides individual families, groups and neighborhoods with peaceful alternatives to conflict by:
• Addressing and confronting injustices rather than avenging them
• Dignifying persons on both sides of a conflict
• Promoting meaningful and healthy relationships
• Promoting dialogue at the inter and intra- community levels
• Promoting greater joint mobilization around the values of peace, democracy, and human rights
• Contributing to the reduction of violence and promulgating a culture of non-violence
• Empowerment of Women: The contributions of Palestinian women to community development are inestimable. In an effort to boost the vast potential of women, Wi´am seeks to continuously develop programs that empower women in their roles of family (community) building, children´s education and leadership.
• Community Centers for Youth groups: Young people in the Bethlehem have few options for releasing and developing their potential. They face problems with securing places that can provide a safe-haven for their meetings, discussions of community issues, and activities. Long-term goals include the construction of a multi-purpose community center that can host youth groups in an atmosphere of sharing and diversity of thought.
• Women´s Program
• Children´s Program
• Citizen Diplomacy
• Trauma Coping
• Youth Program
• Sulha Mediation
Zoughbi Zoughbi is the Founder and Director of Wi´am - the Palestinian Conflict Resolution Center.
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.