Education Beyond Borders (EBB)
1541 Mahon Avenue
V7M 2S6 North Vancouver, BC,
Ansprechpartner: Noble Kelly
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Incorporated in 2007, Education Beyond Borders (EBB) is a non-profit NGO devoted to closing the global education divide through teacher professional development and community education.
Our goal is to break down the barriers of education all around the world.
We are focused on advancing and supporting the movement for educators and advocates for education to do our part in supporting our colleagues and their students in disadvantaged regions here at home and around the world. We work primarily, but not exclusively, in developing countries, in order to build self-reliance, health, and capacity. In short, the purpose of Education Beyond Borders is to invite, gather, distil, synthesize, and disseminate the best collective wisdom from teacher leaders from every culture to make all teachers even more effective in contributing to the creation of a world that works for all.
What we do
• Education Beyond Borders will assemble teams of teachers that will work on developing best educational practices teacher workshops based on the host country´s curricula focusing on learner-centred methodologies (project-based learning, inquiry-based learning, collaborative learning, and differentiated instruction) and using hands-on activities for the application into subject/grade specific areas.
• Education Beyond Borders will send teams of people to deliver the materials/resources developed in the statement above in the form of workshops and seminars.
• Education Beyond Borders will also connect teachers globally and locally through an infrastructure built on professional learning communities with the aid of mobile and information technologies.
• Education Beyond Borders will hope to be able to assemble teams of teachers that will be able to travel on a moment´s notice to assist in setting up temporary schools and working with teachers in areas in need of emergency education relief due to unforeseen disasters like an earthquake.
• Education Beyond Borders will actively seek funding. Occasional fund-raising and regular fund-raising.
We conduct projects in South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Honduras.
Noble Kelly is the President of Education Beyond Borders (EBB).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.