Society for Promotion of Youth and Masses (SPYM)
111/9 Opposite Sector B 4, Vasant Kunj
110070 New Delhi
Ansprechpartner: Dr. Rajesh Kumar
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Society for Promotion of Youth and Masses - SPYM, established in 1986, is a national organization working in the areas of health: Drugs, HIV-AIDS, Juveniles and for socio-economic development of the most marginalized population.
Aims and Objectives
• To empower youth, men & women with adequate life skills and inculcate leadership qualities so as to enable them to enact as catalyst to bring about social change
• To provide health care & education facilities for poor, marginalised sections of the society with the focus on women, adolescents, youth & children
• To make efforts to facilitate men/women with functional literacy in childcare, nutrition, home management & vocational training
• To make efforts to organize training for rural and urban poor to enable them to participate in various health, social and economic development programs including promotion of gender justice
• To organise awareness activities for the community participation on the prevention of drug abuse, alcoholism and STD, HIV & AIDS
• To provide the poor, marginalised urban & rural women & youth with the financial support through micro finance as well as to build their capacity to take up various income generation activities
• Advocacy, networking and capacity building for the promotion of cooperation and collaboration at state, regional, national & international level on associated health & development issues
• To promote handicraft development centres
• Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Drop-in centers and De-addiction cum Rehabilitation Centers for Substance Abusers. SPYM provides a well-formulated de-addiction and rehabilitation program covering motivational counseling, detoxification, sustained rehabilitation, relapse prevention and after-care services. Capacity building programme - Early Prevention & Education (School Awareness Program, Community Awareness Program, Intervention Among Drunken Driving Offenders)
• Vocational Training; Vocational training is provided at our De-addiction cum rehabilitation centre for juveniles in conflict with the law with an objective to bring them in the mainstream society by enhancing their skills to sustain livelihood through productive means. Electrician, House Wiring & Plumbing, Computer Fundamental Vocational Course, Spoken English Training, Food Production/Assistant Cook Training, Waste Management
• HIV & AIDS: Technical Support Unit extends technical assistance in the areas of prevention which includes: evidence based strategic planning for Targeted Interventions (TIs) and capacity building. Target Intervention Project (TI) - Condom Promotion, Counseling services to the target population and their spouses, Needle Syringe Exchange Programme (NSEP)
• Homeless Assistance Programme: Homeless Resource Centers (HRC), Night Shelters for the Homeless, Winter Rescue (in the night), Recovery Centre
• Community Development: Community Empowerment Programme at Mewat, Skill Building Programme in Local Crafts, Gender Resource Centre (GRC)
• Juvenile Programme: Hope For Juveniles - SPYM facilitates medical assistance, counseling, legal help, residential accommodation and fresh meals, literacy and education programme, skill-set development and extracurricular activities including sports.
• Research and Advocacy
Rajesh Kumar is the Executive Director of the Society for Promotion of Youth & Masses (SPYM).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.