Youth Focus Initiative
15 Atoloye Aina Street, Ikorodu
Ansprechpartner: Dr. Tunde Oseni
+234 (0) 8161198400; +447407243910
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Youth Focus Media later renamed Youth Focus Initiative was founded in 2001. The idea was (and still is) to motivate and engage the youths, wherever they are.
The Youth Focus Initiative has now become part of a bigger dream and has transformed into the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) division of Upward BAO Consulting. Generally, at Upward BAO Consulting and the Youth Focus Initiative, we strongly believe that young people can realize their potential and maximize their intellectual and social development if given positive education, empowerment and encouragement, including identifying for them individuals who have distinguished themselves in their chosen career
• Leadership Training, Personal Development and Community Service
• The Youth Focus Initiative is rested upon what we call the MERITSS (Magazine, E-Mentoring, Role Modeling, International Exposure, Training and Community Service and Scholarship). The MERITSS of the Youth Focus Initiative are carefully targeted at orientating young people towards positive, productive and progressive lifestyles for personal development and societal advancement.
• Some of our Community Service projects include the My-Alma-Mata-Matters Initiative (MAMMI), All Girls for Education (AGE) and Anti-Corruption Club (ACC).
• Whatever we add to this initiative in the nearest future, we will strive to sustain what we started with: the Youth Focus Magazine.
Projects and programmes:
• The Lagos Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Academy (LAYELA) is an innovative two-in-one programme aimed at mentoring young civic-minded persons in Lagos. LAYELA will aim to raise the level of awareness of young people in the areas of community volunteering and corporation. The Project will link young civic-minded Nigerians with their contemporaries in UK and other parts of Europe in mutually beneficial ways. The programme will aim to educate, engage and empower the selected young leaders and entrepreneurs with ethical and global best practices in community development and business acumen. Youth Focus Initiative will use its network of associates and staff to monitor the participation and outcomes of the LAYELA. We will also monitor the Project through media reports.
• The Youth Focus Initiative has, for the past ten years, been involved in leadership training, community service and personal development of young people. Both through our Youth Focus magazine and seminars; we have identified talented and public service-minded young people who are making impacts in their communities. On 22 January 2011, we organised the public presentation of an anthology of largely Diaspora poems written by Tunde Oseni, founder and director of Youth Focus Initiative.
• The Youth Focus Initiative will, in the near future, organise exchange visits for young leaders and entrepreneurs to and from Europe and Africa.
Dr. Tunde Oseni, an Oxford-trained University Lecturer & Consultant, is the Founder of the Youth Focus Initiative.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.