Humanity for Orphans,Youth and Widows Initiatives Kenya (HOYWIK)
P.O.BOX 54431-00200,City Square
Ansprechpartner: Zachary Ngare
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
HOYWIK is a civil support organization that was founded in 1998 and registered in 2000 to promote social development for poverty reduction.
HOYWIK exists to champion, lobby for the rights, and specific general needs of the welfare of Orphans, Youth and Widows through advocacy for their role in the implementation of sustainable developmental programs in the community.
Having a society where the rights of the vulnerable persons are appreciated, guaranteed, protected and also where such persons are accorded opportunity to live in dignity through easy access to health care, education, information, shelter and other basic needs.
• Food Security: It has been reported that the root causes of hunger in Kenya are poverty, unemployment, landlessness, vagaries of weather, over emphasis on maize as staple food and inadequate health facilities, clean water and sanitation.
• Health Care: HIV remains a major concern to the country with prevalence rates showing female and children are being the most hit.
• Environmental Sustainability: We endeavour to promote usage of current resources without compromising the needs of future generations.
• Community Outreach & Capacity Building: We seek to empower women, youth and children as well as taking advantage of global partnerships that would be used to improve their living standard through Sustainable Development.
• Peace Building and Violence Prevention: With residents of Kibera having suffered greatly in the recent Post-Election Violence in Kenya, HOYWIK newest Peer Education program involves Training community in Conflict Analysis and Prevention.
• Media for Development Programme: This program aims at offering youth a quiet and safe space for learning Information Technology, production of The FreeVoice Journal highlighting Research findings and various issues affecting the communities.
• Governance & Human Rights Programme: We aim to improve Civic Education and impart positive Community Engagement on issues that´s affects the society at large among others leadership and Governance among the Youth and Women, Human Rights, Anti-Corruption, Rule of Laws, Resource Utilization on projects i.e. Government Devolved Funds established to address poverty and development.
• Education: Construct HOYWIK Ultra Modern Multi-Purpose Training Centre to increase medication, primary, and secondary school net enrolment percentage amongst the HIV/Aids orphans in Kibera slum and its neighborhood
Zachary Ngare is the Director of Humanity for Orphans, Youth and Widows Initiatives Kenya (HOYWIK).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.