Indian Social Service Institute (ISSI)
Kepparai, Kaikuruchi village via Thiruvarangulam, Pudukottai (Dt.)
Tamil Nadu 622303
Ansprechpartner: Rengaraj Ramaswamy
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Indian Social Service Institute is a registered, secular, non-profit voluntary organization that was founded in 1986 by a team of socially committed professionals and volunteers in response to drought in the district of Pudukottai in Tamil Nadu state, South India.
The Indian Social Service Institute´s purpose is to promote Social, Economic and Cultural advancement of the rural and urban weaker sections through Education, Research and Field action programs.
ISSI´s objectives are:
- To conduct non-formal and formal educational programs for removal of illiteracy and ignorance,
- to empower the women with various skills and motivate them to participate in the developmental activities for achieving their liberation and development,
- to organize, campaign and network rehabilitation services for promotion of Children´s Rights and Elimination of Child Labour,
- to promote environmental awareness, tree plantation and sustainable agriculture for improving the food security and production of environment in the villages.
Focus areas: Education for children, income generation for women, water & sanitation facilities in villages and small towns, community based rehabilitation for disabled and old-aged people, eco-farming and tree plantation programs for the community.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the following field: sharing of project reports and short term volunteering and project visits. Other supporting possibilities: exchange of project ideas, guidance for project preparation and evaluation.