P.O. Box 4630
Ansprechpartner: Nafisa Yusuf
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Nagaad is a non-governmental, non-profit making, voluntary Network. It brings together 46 women organizations in Somaliland. It was founded in Hargeisa, in 1997 and is registered as a local NGO.
Nagaad was formed to serve as an organized, collective voice of women who were determined to fight for their socio-economic and political rights as equal citizens of Somaliland.
Core thematic areas:
• Education of women
• Economic empowerment for women
• Participation of women in political decision making and Peace building
• Human and women’s reproductive rights
• Environmental sustainability to promote women’s well being
Program sections of Nagaad
• Conscientization and advocacy
• Public relations and networking
• Research and publications
• Capacity building and training
• Planning, Monitoring and evolution
• Resource mobilization/Fundraising
Nagaad has developed a 5 year strategic plan that seeks to facilitate the path towards their vision and mission. Five strategic goals have been formulated with various objectives and activities.
• To improve the education status of girls and women in Somaliland by 2014
• To improve the environmental situation in rural and urban areas of Somaliland
• To promote the respect for women’s and children’s rights in Somaliland
• To improve the economic situation of women and communities in Somaliland
• To enhance women’s participation in political decision making and peace building in Somaliland
Nafisa Yousuf is the Executive Director of Nagaad Network.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.