Alaknanda Ghaati Shilpi (AAGAAS) Federation
Near Dhaneshwari Devi Temple,
246472 Pipalkotti, District-Chamoli Uttarakhand
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Base Camp office-
62- Canal Street, Kaulagarh, Post- Kaulagarh/IPE, Dehradun – 248195, Uttarakhand, India.
The Alaknanda Ghaati Shilpi (AAGAAS) Federation is a community based voluntary non-profit making organization formed in 2002 to work towards the social and economic development of rural mountain communities in Uttarakhand and Central Himalayan Region.
Aagaas is working for the promotion of ecotourism based activities such as promotion and popularization of lesser and unknown trekking routes in Chamoli Garhwal and Central Himalayan region.
To be a leading NGO, spearheading activities for the all round development of the rural communities of Uttarakhand, by promoting the rich heritage of the Himalayas, While at the same time protecting the fragile ecosystem.
To contribute to the economic development of the people of Uttarakhand, through various employment generation initiatives which optimize the available natural resources and skills, keeping in mind the environment sustainability of the Central Himalayan region.
The main objectives of AAGAAS are:
• To promote various environmentally sustainable initiatives focusing on natural resource conservation and recycle for long term growth and sustainability.
• Undertake activities for the protection of bio-diversity of the mountain region.
• To promote the various crafts existing in rural and urban areas of the Central Himalayan region of Uttarakhand and work for the economic upliftment of craftpersons, women folk and youths of the region.
• Facilitate technology transfer in areas related to agriculture, horticulture, biotechnology interventions and promotion of local crafts.
• Support rural marketing and sales through various measures such as establishment of display centers, marketing tie-ups etc
• Provide training for capacity building and skill up gradation in various areas to improve economic independence.
• Employment generation for the rural youth in the mountain areas through various new initiatives..
• Support craft persons practicing different kinds of natural resource based crafts such as hill bamboo ( Ringaal) basketry, natural fiber based eco textiles etc. ( Himalayan Nettle and industrial Hemp)
• Provide technical and marketing support to rural initiatives
• Work with individuals and Self Help Groups for the promotion of organic farming, fruit processing, cultivation of medicinal plants, Promotion of Ecotourism, Renewable energy and value added herbs
• Develop and implement training programmes for youth to be trained as tourist guides, tour operators, hospitality serviced providers etc.
• Provide training and support to promote organic farming for eco sustainability and better returns to farmers.
• Support communities for establishing facilities for value added products for better returns. Create logistic and marketing networks to benefit local farmers
• Digital Himalaya Initiative
• Climate Change Initiative
• Landslide Prevention Initiative
• Conservation of Himalayan Biodiversity.
• Cultivation and conservation of Medicinal and aromatic plants.
• Disaster Management and rehabilitation .
• Promotion of Livelihood opportunity for Women and poor youth
• Ecotourism: AAGAAS promoted Ecotourism as a livelihood alternative for the rural communities.
• Skills development in Bamboo/Hill Bamboo Ringaal basketry and natural fiber extraction (ecotextiles)
• Integrated fodder and Live stock Development Program.
• Activities related to Animal Welfare.
J.P.Maithani is the Chairperson of the Alaknanda Ghaati Shilpi (AAGAAS) Federation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.