Bangladesh Environment and Development Society (BEDS)
House No. 03, Road No 20
9100 Nirala R/A, Khulna
Ansprechpartner: Maksudur Rahman
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Bangladesh Environment and Development Society (BEDS), established in 2010, is a non-profit, non-political organization committed to sustainable socio-economic development, conservation of natural resources, use of clean energy and protection of the environment through research and implementation of specific activities
To promote ecological balance and create harmony between humans and their environment.
To build the capacity of the most vulnerable communities in the region to ensure sustainable use of natural resources, provide eco-friendly means of living, reduce the adverse effects of climate change and improve their socio-economic condition while maintaining the ecological balance.
• Advocate to preserve existing natural treasures;
• Conduct research to maintain the ecological balance;
• Reduce the adversities arising from climate change;
• Provide sources for clean energy;
• Implement disaster risk-reduction strategies among the most vulnerable communities;
• Establish human rights through good governance;
• Create livelihoods opportunities for the most vulnerable populations;
• Improve integrated water resource management and eco-habitat;
• Ensure proper water, sanitation and hygiene within communities; and
• Enhance women´s empowerment by emphasizing equitable development.
BEDS carries out projects in the fields of:
• Education and Capacity Building for Environment Conservation
• Mangrove Biodiversity and Wild life Conservation
• Women Empowerment Project
• Clean Energy Promotion
• Eco Habitat and Business
• Increasing Livelihood options
Maksudur Rahman is the Chief Executive of the Bangladesh Environment and Development Society (BEDS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.