all the women together today and tomorrow
P.O box: 69429
Ansprechpartner: Ohaila Shomar
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Sawa is a Palestinian independent, non-profit civil society organization established in 1998 by a group of female volunteers active in women´s issues. It aims to eliminate violence against women and children in all its forms and at all levels, through support services and community awareness-raising.
We aim to be the lead organization working against the prevailing culture of violence and promoting a culture of peace and security, which serves human and community development in order to achieve a democratic society based on the principles of equality and social justice and on human rights.
Sawa is a Palestinian nonprofit organization working against all types of violence against women and children. It aims at spreading a culture of non-violence and gender equality in Palestinian society through helping violence victims and advising community members in complete confidentiality. To best serve the community, Sawa networks with other interested parties, uses up-to-date technology and employs well-trained staff who can effectively render support and advice to violence victims.
• Contribute toward eliminating all types of violence against women and children, especially gender-based and domestic violence.
• To provide an opportunity for victims of violence to access safe support and protection.
• To raise community awareness and bring the issue of violence out from the household domain into the community sphere.
• To promote the spirit and values of voluntarism and mobilize community resources and support in addressing the issue of violence against women and children.
• To be social entrepreneurs, using new technologies to provide social services.
• Call Center—Women´s and Children´s Protection Line: A free national line providing preliminary support and guidance for women, male and female youth, and children who have experienced any form of violence, abuse, or neglect. In addition, the program provides accompaniment services to hospitals or the police for victims of physical, sexual, or psychological violence, and referrals to specialized organizations.
• Outreach Education and Mobile Clinic: Sawa conducts workshops and awareness-raising meetings for different sectors of the community, publishes printed educational materials on physical and sexual violence, sex education topics, in addition to training professionals working in fields relevant to our work.
• Volunteer and Training Program: Recruits, trains, and supports male and female volunteers to offer counseling and supporting, and awareness-raising activities through our programs.
Ohaila Shomar is the General Director of Sawa.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.