Peres Center for Peace
132 Kedem Street
68066 Tel Aviv-Jaffa
Ansprechpartner: Rotem Wiesman
- Spirituelle Organisation
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Peres Center for Peace , founded in 1996 by Shimon Peres, is a non-profit, non-political, NGO focused on promoting lasting peace and advancement in the Middle East by fostering tolerance, economic & technological development, cooperation & well-being, all in the spirit of President Peres´ vision. The Peres Center for Peace is Israel´s leading organization promoting peacebuilding between Israel and its neighbors (particularly between Israelis and Palestinians) as well as between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel.
The Peres Center for Peace develops and implements a wide range of projects involving thousands annually bringing together a diverse and multi-faceted spectrum of participants: Jews and Arabs, Israelis and Palestinians; old and young; women, men, children and youth; professionals and agents of change.
Fields of activity include:
• Medicine & Healthcare: Saving Children; Training Doctors
• Sport: Fair Play; LongBoarding4Peace Young Leadership Program; Through Life with a Ball; Twinned Peace Sports Schools (TPSS); Kick for Understanding, Play for Peace; Coexistence Kindergartens; Camp of Hope; AFL Peace Team
• Social Media & Technology: Photography Workshop in Jaffa; Peacemaker Joint Educational Workshops; Peace Computer Centers; Hanging out for Peace; YaLa - Young Leaders on Facebook
• Business & Economics: Private Sector Partnerships; Tourism Without Borders; Palestinian Business Directory; Regional Economic Research; Impact Through Technology
• Agriculture, Water & Environment: Pest Management Without Borders; Aquaculture Entrepreneurship; Olive Oil Without Borders; Profitable Crop Production; Regional Water Research
• Civil Leadership: International Youth Exchange; Forums for Public Debate; Young Professionals Leadership Program
• Culture, Media & Arts: Eye Contact to the Youth; Coexistence (This peace education program for children – Jewish, Arab, Palestinian and Israeli - utilizes visual arts to teach values of respect, mutual understanding and tolerance.); Frames of Reality; New Beginnings (This project teaches values of peaceful relations, respect, and mutual understanding to Jewish-Israeli and Arab-Israeli children through the creative and self-expressive medium of theater.)
• Community Programs in Jaffa: Legal Aid; Community Empowerment; Children and Youth; Community Activities at the Peres Peace House
Rotem Wiesman is the New Media Coordinator of Peres Center for Peace.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.