Komar Pikar Foundation (KPF)
P.O Box 148; #43, Wat Sarawoan Street 178, Khan Daun Penh
12206 Phnom Penh
Ansprechpartner: Kong Vichetra
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Komar Pikar Foundation (KPF, or the Foundation for Disabled Children) is a Cambodian non-government organization, passionate about the well being of children and young people with moderate and severe disabilities and their families.
KPF was launched in 2007 by a group of committed and experienced individuals, keen to respond to the desperate needs of children with moderate and severe disabilities in Cambodia.
KPF are committed to seeing Cambodian children and youth with moderate to severe disabilities living dignified lives, with their families, in inclusive communities. Using a community based, self-help approach, KPF builds the capacity of families to advocate for the needs of their own children and ensure their rights are respected.
• Community care for children – enabling children with moderate and severe disabilities to learn, develop and meet their goals though high quality programs, services and support.
• Building life skills – helping youth with moderate and severe disabilities learn new skills and become as independent as possible.
• Empowering parents – partnering with parents and carers of children with disabilities to empower and mobilize them to advocate for the rights and needs of their children, using Self Help Groups and Parent Associations to work for long term change.
• Working towards inclusive communities – engaging with communities and their leaders to help them catch the vision for an inclusive community where everyone is valued, while advocating for improved specialized services, in partnership with government and non-government service providers and legislators.
• Working together for change – ensuring like-minded organizations work co-operatively together for change.
• Improving institutional care – facilitating services for the development of children and youth with disabilities living in institutions.
Kong Vichetra is the Executive Director of Komar Pikar Foundation (KPF).