Rural Education and Development Programme - REDEP
P.O.Box SK 483
Ansprechpartner: Addo, James K.
+233-22 401 334
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
The Rural Education and Development Programme (REDEP) is an entirely volunteer-run, Non-Governmental Organization based in the Ajumako Enyan Essiam district in the Central Region of Ghana. The organization was granted NGO status by the Department of Social Welfare in April 2001 and works in the fields of rural development.
REDEP is engaged in rural economic development work which has a strong advocacy and empowerment focus; support rural education; AIDS prevention; education and advocacy; employment; training and alternative education and programmes that promote environmentally sound and sustainable development efforts in the district.
The mission of the organization is to help rural people, help themselves by empowering them to use their knowledge and resources to improve their quality of life and that of future genera-tions.
In order to reach its goal, REDEO has the following objectives:
- support rural education and programmes that sustain environment,
- provide training skills employment for the deprived and the underprivileged in the rural communities,
- encourage the needy to set up cottage industries, agricultural and development projects in order to cater for themselves,
- AIDS prevention, education and advocacy.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can give an expert opinion and procure an expert information in the field of our work.