PRAYAS - Organization for Sustainable Development
Satyam-1/308/318, Amba Business park, Trimandir Sankul,
382421 Adalaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Ansprechpartner: Bhadresh Rawal
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Prayas - Organization for Sustainable Development is a voluntary development organisation registered in 1997 and working to help the vulnerable groups of society. Prayas is facilitating capacity building activities, natural resource management projects, Micro finance program and livelihood activities.
The primary strategy is to provide inputs for building up community-based local organizations to promote long-term sustainability. Prayas is getting technical and financial support through partnership with different NGOs and the government.
Prayas envisions a society where people have better social and economic opportunities, accessibility to financial services and awareness of rights and duties.
Unite 50,000 socio-economically deprived people by 2017 and empower them through economic and social interventions.
• To establish a sound and professional micro finance program to provide access to financial services primarily to low income clients who presently lack it.
• To strengthen vulnerable sections of the society by making them aware of their rights and empowering them to assert these rights to protect themselves against any form of exploitation.
• To carry out other social interventions such as capacity building, disaster management, livelihood promotion, community organization etc., which can create social benefits for the community.
Natural Resources Management:
• Community Based Drinking Water Management
• Community Based Natural Resource Management
• Micro-Finance Program (PRAYAS Jan Vikas Bhandol)
• Livelihood Promotion for Migrant Salt Pan Workers
• Livelihood Promotion for Old Aged
• Human Rights Advocacy for Single Women, Disabled & Most Marginalized Groups
• Socio-economic Upliftment for urban poor women
• Women Empowerment Groups
• AIDS Awareness & Prevention
Bhadresh Rawal is the Director of Prayas - Organization for Sustainable Development.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.