Mtende Homecraft Foundation
P.O. Box 21, Mantchewe village
Livingstonia, Rumphi, Northern Region.
Ansprechpartner: Rockin Mwabanga
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Mtende Homecraft Foundation is a Malawian Faith Based Organization established in 2001 and registered in 2003 under the jurisdiction of the New Apostolic Church in Malawi.
Mtende exists to support and improve the livelihood of vulnerable communities in rural areas through holistic approach with Christ centred spirit in various level of rural development. It is a non-governmental, independent, charitable and non-profit making organisation. The composition of membership is drawn from different faith groupings and Mtende Homecraft Foundation values and foster holistic Institutions of all existing religions for the common good of Malawi.
Seeing a community where lives of its citizens are well transformed and able to respond to challenges of life for better rural livelihood.
Working in partnership with vulnerable communities and diverse them to overcome poverty, illiteracy, hunger and promotion of health among rural communities.
• To improve lives of vulnerable communities and strives to develop a well informed and self sustainable community through capacity building programmes in various levels of rural development.
• To educate and provide care and support to orphans and vulnerable children to manage and mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS and other related diseases.
• To promote gender equality and human rights among communities as beneficiaries based on thorough understanding and appreciation of human rights, gender issues, status, Religion/Denomination at all levels of rural development process.
Programmes of interventions
• HIV and AIDS Management: Capacity building of staff and community HIV/AIDS committees for successful implementation of programs; Sensitization of local leaders and communities on HIV/AIDS and harmful cultural practices
• Orphan Care and Support: Supply of foodstuffs and materials; Provision of spiritual counseling and mentorship
• Education: Provision of fees, bursary, learning and teaching materials and mobility support for the disabled orphans; Sustenance of feeding program; Conduct caregivers and community committees capacity building
• Women empowerment: Capacity building on behavior change and Careers development
• Youth empowerment: Provide youth capacity building on vocational and entrepreneurship skills; Mobilization of youth on sports and entertainment activities
• Home Based Care: Provision of palliative care and support
Reverend Rockin Mwabanga is the Executive Director of the Mtende Homecraft Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.