Nile Basin Society (NBS)
730-3 Greystone Walk Dr.
Toronto, Ontario M1K 5J4
Ansprechpartner: El-Khodari, Nabil M.
+1 (647) 722-3256
+1 (647) 722-3273
NBS is a Canadian federally-incorporated not-for-profit membership organization.
Its mission is:
- Increase the awareness of the Nile River water crisis and
- develop a widely shared vision of a desirable, sustainable water future between Nile riparian countries and help them in the way to get there.
This can be achieved through:
- Providing up to date information in local languages in addition to English and French. This way, the information is readily useable by the local media, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), governments and, ultimately, the Nile Basin population.
- Helping the local NGOs capitalize on the information technology to increase interaction between NGOs in different Nile Basin countries to reach a shared vision.
- Providing information about appropriate technologies in communication, water management, irrigation and agriculture and the companies that can supply them.
- Providing success stories in agricultural/water management in the Nile Basin area that can be replicated elsewhere within the basin.
- Soliciting help from the industrial countries governments and people in general and those of Nile Basin origin in particular to donate resources (material, monetary and human) as needed by the Nile Basin countries.
Mr. Nabil M. El-Khodari is the founder of NBS.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can give an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture and procure an expert information in the field of water resources management in Nile Basin. Further we can support the communications capabilities of the network through providing a private session for member discussions on our discussion forum (http://www.nilebasin.net/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi).