Jagorani Sangstha (JS)
Village & Post Chikotibari, Upazila
Ansprechpartner: Renuka Biswas
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Jagorani Sangstha (JS) is a non-profitable and non-government development organization, which has been working for the empowerment and emancipation of rural poor people, especially destitute women and children. It established in 1983 with the active initiative of local social workers especially women and like minded philanthropists at Kotalipara upazilla under Gopalgonj district, Bangladesh. JS has been working long 21 years in Kotalipara for overall socio-economic development of the poor and disadvantaged people.
• Create community based sustainable mechanism to reduce domestic violence.
• Increase access to services of women and violence victims at service delivery institutions and local Government.
• Conduct monthly meetings to initiate community response on VAW (Violence Against Women), gender discrimination, domestic violence, early marriage, dowry and women rights by community people.
• Conduct visit to victim families to protest / protect violence and to initiate remedial decision/steps through mediation and counseling.
• Organize Coordination meetings with 200 persons of Thana and Hospital authority to strengthen relation to ensure their service to the community people, especially for the victims of any torture or violence.
• Conduct salish on DVAW (Domestic Violence Against Women) victims.
Renuka Biswas is the Director of Jagorani Sangstha (JS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.