Bright Generation Community Foundation (BGCF)
Box 7452; Opposite National Youth Council
Ansprechpartner: Bernice Dapaah
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Bright Generation Community Foundation (BGCF), founded in 2006, is a community-level organization with a directed effort toward promoting human dignity, social development and creating a thriving environment for nurturing human potential through education. The Foundation is committed to serving underprivileged children, youth and women mostly in the rural areas of Ghana through intensive & sustainable projects designed to be engaging, inclusive, participatory and empowering.
With unified effort and a deep sense of humanism, we are committed to crafting a thriving space for society where all have equal opportunity to develop, inspire and succeed regardless of background.
Our vision is to create a culture where human development and prosperity is second nature and intimately woven into the fabric of society.
• To facilitate the development of children through healthcare and education.
• To prevent youth delinquency and reduce social vices through sports.
• To engage women and youth in agricultural and other income generating initiatives to enhance their livelihood.
• Agri Business: Under its agribusiness & capacity building framework, Bright Generation has marshaled the technical and financial resources to help address the problem of food security and sustainable agriculture among small-scale rural farmers in Ghana.
• Education Plus: Information communication technology - ICT for all; National free shoes and educational supplies program; The menstrual pad for dignity initiative; Girls Career Coaching Program
• Social Enterprise: Bamboo Initiatives: The Bamboo initiatives creates employment opportunities in rural areas and provide an alternative form of transportation through the production of environmentally friendly bicycles made from the abundant natural resource in the west coast of Africa.
• The Light Up: Provides access to solar lights to school children in some of the deprived communities in Ghana that is not connected to the national grid.The project also brings solar technology to these deprived communities.
• Child and Youth Finance: The Project works with Child and Youth Finance International to promote financial education and a positive financial culture in children and youth in our communities of operations to ensure a financially literate population capable of making informed decisions. The Child Savings Clubs educates school children with their fundamental rights as enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and enables them to use innovative methods of savings, prudence, accountability and financial management.
• Generations for Peace (Sports for Peace and Development Initiative): Generations For Peace is a leading global non-profit peace-building organization founded in 2007. Dedicated to sustainable conflict transformation at the grassroots, Generations For Peace empowers volunteer leaders of youth to promote active tolerance and responsible citizenship in communities experiencing different forms of conflict and violence.
Bernice Dapaah is the Executive Director of the Bright Generation Community Foundation (BGCF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.