Snaga Žene Association
Psycho-social, pedagogical and medical counsel for women, children and adolescents
Slavinovići, Slanac bb
Bosnien und Herzegowina
Ansprechpartner: Branka Antic Stauber
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
"Snaga Žene" Association has been established upon the initiative of women from Tuzla and German association Vive Žene e.V. from Dortmund."Snaga Žene" exists since 1999 and conducts activities in the area of Tuzla Canton and Eastern Republika Srpska.
"Snaga Zene" offers psychological, social, medical, pedagogical and legal support to women, children and adolescents (refugees, returnees and displaced persons) who suffered different traumatic experiences during and after the war in BiH.
• Support to vulnerable group in Srebrenica region II: The overall objective of the project focuses on improving the general psychosocial, health and economic status of a highly traumatized category of population in the target region – Srebrenica and Potočari.
• Support to women and girls who are survivors of sexual and non-sexual violence
• MWB - "From Woman to Woman": The main goal of the project is to build in the structural usage of music in programs of Snaga Zene for woman who are war victims and gender based violence (GBV), as a therapeutic tool.
• From women to women: The overall objective is to promote and protect human rights of women and improve women's position in society in the region of Srebrenica, Bratunac and Potocari,
• Support for CRS project "Durable Return Solutions in Eastern Bosnia - Herzegovina"
• Flower Gardens and Greenhouses improving reintegration in Srebrenica region
• Summer holidays in Holland
We have organised over 300 workshops and courses, women, children and adolescents travel all over BiH, Croatia, Germany and Holland.
We offer support with creative workshops, psycho-social counseling, medical and humanitarian help, seminars, we offered physical therapy to displaced people, returnees and victims of war or post-war trauma, helping the returnee process, and people return to the official social systems of their communities.
• Psychological counsel for women, children and adolescents
• Work with preschoolers/Work with scholars
• Courses: English and German Language courses, Computer courses
• Assistance to children with mental disorders: Rehabilitation of hearing and speech
• Social support: Income generating project (chicken farming, fruit and vegetables farming, handicrafts, house keeping and baby sitting); Supervision for professional staff in the field of social work; Assistance with food and cloth items
• Legal counsel
• Work in refugee settlements:
• Work in returnee communities
Branka Antić-Štauber is the Director of Snaga Žene Association.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.