Zimbabwe Association for Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation of the Offender (ZACRO)
PO Box MSK260; 12922 , Ndhlela Way Mbare,
Ansprechpartner: Edson Chihota
+263-4-770046 / 772946; +263 772 212177
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Zimbabwe Association for Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation of the Offender (ZACRO) is an organization which works for prevent crime and promote rehabilitation and re-integration of offenders in order to have peace in society while advocating for justice in prisons of Zimbabwe. ZACRO is a non-profit making organisation founded in 1923. In 1968 ZACRO was officially registered as a Welfare Organisation. ZACRO operates through a network of country-wide volunteer members.
The Organisation´s vision is to create a crime-free society in which men, women and children enjoy safety and security.
ZACRO´s mission includes reducing crime through providing support and rehabilitation programmes targeted at men and women convicted of crime, ex-offenders, victims and survivors of crime. ZACRO also endeavours to assist the dependants of jailed offenders.
• To advocate for justice as well as respect and protection of prisoners rights in Zimbabwe.
• To facilitate re-integration of prisoners in Zimbabwe back into the mainstream society.
• To mobilize various communities to fight crime in the country.
• To promote rehabilitation of offenders and ex-prisoners.
• To lobby for Zimbabwe to conform to practice of international and regional minimum standards of treating prisoners
• To cater for provision of humanitarian assistance, amenities and other needs towards welfare and protection of prisoners rights
• To study and seek further penal reform based on rehabilitative legislations while stimulating public interest therein.
Zimbabwe Association for Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation of the Offender (ZACRO) targets all inmates in Zimbabwe in their various sub groups (remand and convicted inmates – both male and female) as well as ex-offenders in Zimbabwe.
• Prison Inmates Rehabilitation Programme
• Prisoner´s Rights Programme
• Health and Welfare Programme
• Lobbying and Advocacy Programme
Edson Chihota is the Chief Executive Officer of Zimbabwe Association for Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation of the Offender (ZACRO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.