Rural Upgrade Support Organisation (RUSO)
P.O.Box CE 11066
Ansprechpartner: Ben Zola
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Rural Upgrade Support Organisation (RUSO) is a non-political, non-sectarian and non-governmental organization that employs volunteer humanitarian action to empower local communities and contribute sustainable grass-roots solutions to rural challenges, providing health-care, education and social development. It is a unique service organization registered in Ghana to help the rural people gain a new understanding of each other and their environment by sharing ideas with people from different cultures in the pursuit of a common goal.
RUSO pledges to assist community upgrade using sustainable and environmentally friendly approaches. The organisation implements solutions to problems within the community following a thorough environmental impact assessment and a total commitment to a "green" approach. RUSO is a local NGO within the Kome-Shime community offering a fresh perspective on solving rural problems. The organisation aims to offer unique opportunities to tackle problems unshackled by bureaucracy.
• Education Improvement: Improvement in quality education for children of the Kome Area
• HIV Campaign: Improvement awareness of people on HIV/AIDS and prevention methods
• Malaria Control: Improvement in Malaria Prevention in the Kome Area
• Micro-Finance - Micro-Finance Scheme for agricultural production and income generating activities: Increase household income through assistance for productive enterprises in the Kome Area
• Tree Planting: Improving the natural environment of the Kome Area through planting of shade trees, ornamental trees and trees for fuel wood
• Aquaculture:- To introduce new techniques in Fish Farming: Providing self and paid employment for fishing communities as a means of alleviating poverty in fishing communities and limiting rural/urban drift.
Ben Zola is the Assistant Project Manager of RUSO.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.