Youth for Community Academic and Development (YOCADS)
PO Box 4970; Former LUBI Bank Building, Broad and Randall Streets
Ansprechpartner: Alphonso K. Weah, Skype: alphnso.k.weah
+ 231 555648081 /+ 231 7776323121
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Youth for Community Academic and Development Services (YOCADS), a Liberian based youth organization that was established in 2000 by Liberians youths who saw the need to empower other young people through various programs. YOCADS endeavor to develop and expose youths Liberia towards the tremendous global changes that are fast approaching so that they can develop toward a truly human society.
YOCADS has worked on an advocacy and awareness campaign on the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The MDGs came about at the UN Millennium Summit in 2000 when 189 head of States and Governments pledged to work together to make a better world for all by eradicating poverty and hunger, combat HIV/Aids, malaria and other diseases, improve maternal health, reduce child mortality, achieve universal primary education, equality for men and women, clean water for everybody and protection of the environment and international agreement on fair trade with a good solution to the debts that most of the poor countries have.
Objectives of YOCADS include:
• To develop and expose Liberian youths towards the tremendous global changes that are fast approaching so that we make things develop toward a truly human society;
• To promote and encourage respect for human rights and freedom for all without distinction of race, sex, language, culture or region;
• To further the acceptance and the application of science, reason, and critical thinking in all human activities;
• To defend democratic principles and values as a means of protecting human rights; and
• To fight Child abuse and all other forms of human degradation.
Programs and projects:
The Kick for Your Future program (KFYF) is an initiative launched by Youth for Community, Academic and Community Services (YOCADS) in 2008 in Monrovia, Liberia. Its funding partner is cooperaxion, a Switzerland based donor and partner-organization. The project promotes a socio-economic way of supporting the youth of two slum communities in Monrovia, more precisely to get them off the streets and give them a meaningful structure for their daily lives as well as to encourage them to take their professional future into their hands. Focusing on rebuilding social networks and enhancing trust and confidence, the project offers indirect psychosocial support through a blend of positive leisure-activities, vocational trainings (in local handicrafts and mechanics outlets) and community-benefitting waste-management activities.
Alphonso K. Weah is the Executive Director/Project Coordinator of Youth for Community Academic and Development Services (YOCADS).
Motor of YOCADS is: EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT FOR ALL
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.