Himiza Social Justice
P.O.Box 378; Plot No. 10, Block ´J´ Msalala Road,
Ansprechpartner: Bernard Otieno
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Himiza Social Justice is a non-profit making organization which strives to enhance access to justice among rural and urban community members. Himiza Social Justice has been initiated by vibrant young people with different professional backgrounds with the view of enhancing access to justice among rural and urban community members. The organization was registered on May 2014.
A society that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities.
To improve the socio-economic development of poor rural communities through promoting human rights, good governance, legal, civic and policy advocacy and enhancement of access to justice through provision of legal aid to the vulnerable and marginalized groups.
• To promote respect and observance of rule of law and due process, including good governance while promoting the culture of consumer rights protection in rural communities.
• To increase women, youth, children and community awareness on protecting and promoting their rights and economic base.
• To enhance and promote comprehensive legal aid support among marginalized HIV/AIDS women and children and to strengthen access to quality legal aid service among marginalized rural HIV/AIDS women and children.
• Legal and Policy Advocacy: Program objective: To enhance legal and policy advocacy among youth and the poor rural communities with the view of strengthening accountability of the right and duty bearers in attaining socio-economic development and access to legal aid through following activities: Prepare, print and disseminate information communication materials (eg. Flyers, brochures, magazines and handouts); Organize meetings and dialogues with both right and duty bearers on social rights; Carry out TV/Radio programs for educating the mass on the legislation and policies that affect their welfare; Provide legal counseling to the clients; Represent clients before courts of law; Provide mobile legal aid clinic; Train community volunteers and the community members´ representatives on human rights; Empower CBO to respondent to the priority needs of the rural communities; Train youth and the community members on civic education (right to vote and the importance to participate in elections).
• Capacity Building and Community Empowerment: Program objective: To increase the understanding of the organization staffs, beneficiaries and the community to properly implement the organization activities and to actively engage in matters that affect their socio-economic development.
• Amka Sasa (Wake up Now) Project: This project was started to create awareness among youth to respond to their socio-economic problems by empowering them on human rights, sexual and health issues and other related matters through following activities: Conduct dialogues among youth to probe the understanding of youth on human rights, sexual and health issues; Organize sports and games that will bring youth together and be able to share their problems; Introduce solution focused approach among youth for self reliance; Involve youth to develop their own way of dealing with the problems that they encounter; Organize projects and awareness creation meetings to help youth engage fully in decision making processes; Encourage youth to take active involving and participation in political issues as one of the solution to voice up their problems.
• Fundraising and resource mobilization: This program aims at sourcing and soliciting resources that can make the organization sustainable without solely depending on donations from local, national and foreign donor funding.
Bernard Otieno is the Executive Director of Himiza Social Justice.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.