Never Again Association - Stowarzyszenie Nigdy Wiecej
P.O. Box 6
03-700 Warsaw 4
Ansprechpartner: Jacek Purski
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
NEVER AGAIN is Polands leading anti-racist organization. The mission of the NEVER AGAIN Association (Stowarzyszenie NIGDY WIECEJ) is to promote multicultural understanding and to contribute to the development of a democratic civil society in Poland and in the broader region of Central and Eastern Europe. NEVER AGAIN is particularly concerned with the problem of education against racial and ethnic prejudices among the young. It had existed as an informal group since 1992 and it was officially registered in 1996. NEVER AGAIN is an independent organization, not linked to any political party.
The major objectives of the NEVER AGAIN Association include:
• breaking the silence and raising awareness of the problem of racism and xenophobia;
• building a broad and inclusive movement against racism and discrimination, for respect, inclusivity and diversity;
• eliminating or marginalizing racist, xenophobic and antisemitic tendencies in various spheres of life.
• Since 1994 NEVER AGAIN has produced a regular publication in the form of NEVER AGAIN (NIGDY WIECEJ) magazine, providing reliable information and in-depth analysis on hate crime and on extremist and racist groups operating in Poland and in the rest of Europe.
• NEVER AGAIN closely monitors racism and discrimination on the ground. Through its national network of voluntary correspondents and regular grass-roots contacts with various minority communities, NEVER AGAIN has built the most extensive register of racist incidents and other xenophobic crimes committed in Poland, the ´Brown Book´.
• The NEVER AGAIN Association also provides information directly to journalists and researchers interested in the problem of racism and xenophobia. NEVER AGAIN has consulted numerous programs on the national and foreign television, as well as assisted in writing many articles for the national and international press.
• NEVER AGAIN has provided expertise to institutions such as the Parliamentary Committee on Ethnic Minorities as well as consulted and influenced legislation on issues of racism and xenophobia. Among others, it successfully campaigned for a ban on racist and neo-nazi activities to be included in Polands Constitution. It has consulted the National Action Plan against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance and many other key documents
• NEVER AGAIN has cooperated with international organizations, including the Council of Europe, the United Nations, the European Union, and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. It has actively participated in international networks.
• NEVER AGAIN has launched the ´Delete Racism´ project to combat racism and antisemitism on the Internet. It has also conducted successful high-profile educational campaigns in the field of popular culture, ´Music Against Racism´ and ´Let´s Kick Racism out of the Stadiums´.
• It implemented the UEFA EURO 2012 ´Respect Diversity´ programme: major educational and awareness-raising activities that took place before and during the European Football Championships in Poland and Ukraine. In cooperation with UEFA and the FARE network, NEVER AGAIN set up the East Europe Monitoring Centre.
• Moreover, NEVER AGAIN has participated in important initiatives to commemorate the Holocaust and to combat Holocaust denial
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.