Héritiers de la Justice (Heirs of Justice)
La Paix et les Droits de l`Homme dans la Region des Grands Lacs
Ansprechpartner: Maurice B.M.Namwira
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Héritiers de la Justice (Heirs of Justice) is a Congolese NGO and human rights organisation which specialises in definding human rights and promoting peace in the Great Lakes Region, particularly in South Kivu. It was founded in 1991 by three people who were personally affected by the repressive, dictatorial and violent governing tactics of the Mobutu regime.
The organisation provides training, information and mediation to promote justice and peace in the DRC. Heritiers has works with many international organisations as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.
Heritiers de la Justice´s work is exemplified by the ´Defence and Mediation Committees´ (CMDs) project, where village level organisations monitor human rights and mediate conflicts.
Women´s Rights :
• Héritiers de la Justice set up the "Paillotes de paix" (straw huts of peace) to be used as framework for marginalised women, i.e. carrying women, women victims of human rights violations, especially sexual violence, displaed women whose husbands are human rights defenders, etc.
• Héritiers de la Justice assist them freely at the juridical and judiciairy levels and support them financially. Paillotes de paix is the name designating the structures created by Héritiers de la Justice to serve as framework of meeting of marginalised women.
• Héritiers de la Justice set up Peace Clubs in the schools. These Peace Clubs are grassoots structures composed of children engaged to build peace and ready to spread the message of peace everywhere: in their respective schools, districts and families.
• Teaching of the human Rights and peace in the schools: Héritiers de la Justice implements formal teaching programs of human rights and peace in 40 primary and secondary schools.
• Production of teaching materials: in order to support the teaching of human rights and peace activities in schools, Héritiers de la Justice produced and distributed at a large scale and freely pedagogic handbooks and materials among which: a pedagogical guide for the teaching of human rights and peace, human rights teaching handbook
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.