601 University Place
IL 60208 Evanston
Ansprechpartner: Shengxiao Yu
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
GlobeMed is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit incorporated in Illinois. Founded by students in 2007, the GlobeMed network engages over 2,000 undergraduates at 56 university-based chapters throughout the U.S. Each chapter is partnered one-to-one with a grassroots health organization in one of 20 countries throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Through their involvement today, our students and partners commit to a life of leadership in global health and social justice.
Our model of long-term partnership has allowed us to work with organizations around the world to help break the cycle of poverty and poor health. Throughout the year, GlobeMed chapters strengthen long-term partnerships through frequent communication, fundraise through innovative initiatives for health projects that help partner organizations achieve their mission, educate students about global health issues through a signature curriculum, and intern on-site with partner organizations.
We envision a world in which health – the ability to not only survive but thrive – is possible for all people.
GlobeMed aims to strengthen the movement for global health equity by empowering students and communities to work together to improve the health of people living in poverty around the world.
• We partner students with grassroots organizations to address health disparities.
• We educate and train student advocates for global health equity.
• We build a movement of people who believe in health and justice for all.
GlobeMed-supported projects are split across six key areas of impact:
• Maternal Health: Prenatal care; Reproductive health education; Family planning servoces
• Water Sanitation & Hygiene: Water filtration; Water pumps and tanks; Toilet and latrine construction
• Income Generation: Skills building workshops; Livestock and seed lending; Craft initiatives
• Nutrition: Community gardens; Food supplements; Agricultural support; Education
• Communicable Disease Prevention: HIV services; Health education; Community health worker programs
• Capacity Building: Operational support; Transportation; Hospital wing construction; Technology; Training
Projects are determined and implemented by our partner organizations in response to their community or organizational needs.
Shengxiao Yu is the Director of Partnerships of GlobeMed.