Santhi Medical Information Centre (SMIC)
Punnathur Road. Kottappadi P.O
Ansprechpartner: Uma Preman
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Santhi (peace) Medical Information Centre (SMIC), a charitable institution founded by Mrs. Uma Preman on Aug 24th 1997 in Guruvayur, Trichur district, Kerala, is a resource centre in all sense of the world, for those who seek medical information, treatment & financial assistance for crippling or life- threatening ailments.
SMIC is a charitable trust functioning in the health sector serving the poor patients from medical advice to facilities and financial aid. From the initial strength of a single staff Santhi has developed into a full-fledged charity institution with 100 staff and hundreds of voluntary staff and well-wishers
Contribution to the Society
• Dialysis Unit for the less privileged. 2,00,000 Dialysis carried out in 13 years.
• Facilitated kidney transplants for 680 patients, 62 from the Gulf,
• Facilitated heart surgeries for 20,500 patients, 184 from the Gulf.
• Mobilized Poor patient´s treatment fund for more than IRS80/Million from the Central Government and charitable institutions in India
• Provides Mobile Lab facilities, medical information for more than 100 persons daily and guided by Phone, Letter and E-Mail.
• Publish Medical Directories, Health Magazine and introduced health card system in Kerala
• Conducted more than 108 Free Medical Camps, helped and monitored the patients effectively.
• Launched World´s first health website containing vital information like hospital facilities, Departments, Doctors and Packages.
• KARUTHAL Diabetic & Hypertension Prevention Awareness and Kidney Disease Early Detection Project (Mobile) More than 1000 camp conducted.
• Palamala Tribal Rehabilitation Project.
• Organ donation (cadaver transplantation) awareness project.
• Continues FREE dialysis project.
• Attappadi Welfare Project.
• Santhi Bhavanam Project- Home for the Homeless.
• Entertainment of Kidney Patients
Uma Preman is the Founder of Santhi Medical Information Centre (SMIC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.