74, New Silver Home, New Kantwadi Road, Bandra West
400 050 Mumbai
Ansprechpartner: Sumaira Abdulali
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Awaaz Foundation is a charitable trust and non-governmental organization in Mumbai, India, which builds awareness, carries out advocacy, and is involved in educational projects to protect the environment and prevent environmental pollution. It has impacted many important decisions by the government and influenced policy making in important environmental matters in India. The beneficiaries of the Foundation are the citizens of India at large.
Awaaz Foundation was founded on February 21, 2006 by Sumaira Abdulali, a well-known environmentalist, who has exposed many scandals of environmental villainy in India at personal risk.
The Foundation has filed several public interest litigations, including demands for strict implementation of noise-pollution laws, better functioning of Mumbai´s Tree Authority, banning noise pollution, banning sale of tobacco to minors, and efforts to counter politically sponsored sand mining mafia.
• Awaaz Foundation´s Noise Pollution Campaign Has turned into a public movement with overwhelming support in Mumbai .
• Awaaz Foundation has organized volunteers, offered support, legal advice and education to people suffering from excessive environmental noise.
• Educational programs and publications for schools, colleges, citizens groups and authorities empowered to implement the laws.
• Awaaz Foundation has opposed illegal sand mining in Maharashtra through advocacy and legal interventions.
• Awaat Foundaton has worked to support and strengthen local opposition to open-cast mining in the bio-diverse wildlife corridor.
Sumaira Abdulali is the Convenor of the Awaaz Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.