Asabe Shehu Yar´Adua Foundation (ASYARF) was founded in 1998 with the aim of achieving the dreams of the Late Tafida (General) Shehu Musa Yar´Adua, by the wife Ambassador Dr. Asabe Shehu Yar´Adua (FSM). ASYARF is a civil society organization (CSO), a non-governmental organization, with zero profit.
The foundations main objectives are enhancing human survival through fighting Injustice in the society, provision of adequate water supply and campaigning against Child abuse and labor in all its ramification. We also plead for peaceful Co-existence that shun Violence while educating the society on good participation on Nation building at large.
To add more value to the world and revive the dying values towards a strong, united and more focused HUMANITY and to emphasize the need for everyone to be his or her brother's keeper for the promotion of HUMANITY and create a healthy and secure future for all.
The main focus of the organization
• Climate Protection/Earth Justice
• Health/Provision of clean and sustainable water in local communities
• Frown at Child Abuse and Injustice
• Women, Children and Youths
• Poverty Reduction
• Peaceful Co-existence
• Humanitarian Services/Disabilities
• Conflict Resolution
• Good Governance, Electoral Workshop training and sensitization on voters registration exercise
• Combating and Research on HIV/AIDS
• The foundation frown at any form of child abuse and enhances human services through adequate water provision by providing clean sustainable water that has been commissioned in the rural areas.
• The foundation promote the preservation of the climate through sensitization and awareness to reduce the effect of global warming, food insecurity and increase in the rate of natural disaster to make the environment a peaceful and conducive place for everyone to live in.
• We campaign against child abuse in all ramifications in line with United Nation´s concerns. We work in synergy with the government to improve the welfare of the people. We donate generously to homes of abandoned children and old people´s homes.
• We solicit for peaceful co-existence that will shun violence, wanton destruction of lives and properties that increase homeless number of widows, suffering premature deaths through enlightenment programmed and contributions towards conflict resolutions.
• The organization continues to sanitize the society on good participation in nation building, by deepening their awareness in sustaining democracy in line with United Nations, and other international organization guidelines which have stressed the importance of enhancing democracy in any part of the world.
• We educate women to be active participants in nation building. We interact with employers of labour to ensure that interest of women is protected. We reachout to more homes of abandoned children, and to educate the physically challenged and give them hope.
• We intend to extend our scholarship scheme to positively impact more on youths, who are in dire need of education such as indigene students. Our team of medical volunteers give free periodic medical treatment to the vulnerable group and sick in the rural areas.
Usman Mohammed is the Senior Protocol Officer at Asabe Shehu Yar'Adua Foundation (ASYARF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.