Knowledge for Development without Borders (KFDWB)
Ansprechpartner: Bruno Amouzou
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Knowledge for Development without Borders (KFDWB) is a Vienna-based non-governmental Organization (NGO) established in 2014. KFDWB´s core activity is to train disadvantaged individuals in peripheral regions in developing regions in ICT (Information and communication technologies) and business skills.
Poverty Alleviation: A better world of economic and social justice in which local citizens are empowered to know, understand, secure and enforce their roles, responsibilities, and engagements for the success of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our Mission: To provide relevant knowledge and skills needed to alleviate development issues at local levels by motivating people to express their individual and communities´ challenges, and getting them actively involved in finding out creative and innovative solutions.
Our 7 Goals:
• Share relevant knowledge and information to empower and help local citizens to know, understand, secure and enforce their roles, responsibilities, and engagements for the success of the SDGs.
• Motivate and empower local citizens to set up their own sustainable development initiatives, getting them actively involved in local development challenges.
• Identify and collect best development practices and information from development practitioners to inspire individuals, community leaders and decision makers for better and faster development interventions.
• Build a global network of volunteers to work with our regional staff to deal with local development issues.
• Monitor and evaluate the efficacy of local, national and international development aid interventions to emulate.
• Network and partner and with international and local NGOs, government structures, private sectors and development Agencies in identifying potential economic, social and environmental development issues, risks and their mitigation.
• Cultivate knowledge exchange and transfer, networking and use of ICT to advance SDGs.
• KFDWB provides Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills and knowledge to people around the world with information on sustainable development issues and practices. It includes learning and interaction tools between members and users to face challenges of the 21st century in their local communities.
• Our efforts to support sustainable development progress are broad and diverse, but a core element of all our efforts is to work closely with civil society, international development agencies, and local communities to meet urgent local needs as well as to empower local citizens to know, understand, secure and enforce their roles, responsibilities, and engagements for the success of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Online Development: We provide Skills for development training, information and Knowledge in line with UN SDGs Agenda 2030
• Offline- Field Development: The aim is to provide trainings to our members, volunteers and CBOs in the field to help them establish their own initiatives of development in education, peace, health, livelihoods, citizenship- public awareness campaigns, and good governance.
• Our Open Community platform (http://forum.knowledgefordevelopmentwithoutborders.org/) is meant to help promote their efforts, to share relevant knowledge as well as to be a contact point for students, tutors, professionals and interested individuals. In the first place, it shall serve local citizens to be aware of the SDGs and of their potential roles and responsibilities. Moreover, KFDWB wants to use the platform to establish partnerships with important players in the development sector.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.