Society for Children and Women´s Development (SCAWD)
57/88, Indira Nagar, Marrakanam Road
604 001IN Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu
Ansprechpartner: Sophia Lawrence
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Society for Children and Women´s Development (SCAWD), founded in 1999, is a NGO working for the better living and serving for people who need hands.
Its Motto: "All rights to all women and all children"
SCAWD works in Tamil Nadu, India providing good education, health, women empowerment and environment and social awareness.
SCAWD works on many projects which include
• Free education for tribal children,
• Vermi-compost (solid waste management),
• Sustainable organic farming and animal husbandry, eco and environment protection and its interventions for the better development of the agriculture,
• Health programs,
• Tribal development programs,
• Women Empowerment program, etc.
Programmes and projects:
• Educate a Child in India: This project aims to educate primary school children in the villages and rural part of Villupuram by providing them books, food, uniform and a solar powered lamp.
• Education Programs and Projects: Education for tribal students: "Education is a birth right". We have educated nearly 73+ students in the age group of 6-14 years, they were cultivated with good education skills. They were encouraged and motivated to develop their individual talents and skills. They were taught with life education tools for their better self management.
• Women Empowerment Programs and Projects: SHG (Self help group): This program is to empower women, which guide them to get loan and a way to make earnings and live happy and stress free life. We have empowered nearly 250 groups.
• JLG (Joint liability group): JLG program is to empower women in agriculture, in which we guide them to loan and empower those women who work in agriculture. In this we help them to cultivate crops and increase the production growth level.
• Tribal Development Programs and Projects: Medical Camp: A free medical eye camp was held at our taluk, this medical camp gave people a great access, via this nearly 400+ people got health profit.
• Yoga program: We do YOGA program for the kids to keep them away from mental stress. Through this nearly 350+ kids around the age group of 6-16 got chance to utilize this program.
Sophia Lawrence is the Founder of the Society for Children and Women´s Development (SCAWD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.