Organisation für Solidarität und Entwicklung
Contact person: Jean-Claude Buetasa Bakambana
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
ASHA CONGO (Action for Health, Housing and Agriculture in the Congo) has been working in the Democratic Republic of Congo on a self-help basis since 1996.
Asha-Congo is an organisation whose basic aims lie on the one hand in the active promotion of solidarity and on the other in promoting initiatives and supporting development programmes in the fields of medicine, agriculture and housing.
With clear and manageable projects, our support concentrates on rural areas and the fields of health care, agriculture, the furtherance of self-help structures and village development.
Asha-Congo projects to improve living conditions in the Democratic Republic of Congo: we support small projects in rural areas and set great store by the involvement of local people. The people affected have to formulate their needs themselves.
• One core area is the mini project, started in 2002, to advance women in the village of Ngwene, to eliminate poverty and to make better use of natural resources while protecting the fauna and flora, as well as to guarantee rational use of natural forests of the region.
• Promoting active solidarity: Asha-Congo encourages interaction between Germans and people of African culture, especially in the Congo, so that real solidarity can develop.
• Schooling for everyone: Asha Congo strives towards giving all children in the Democratic Republic of Congo a school education and to reducing illiteracy.
Jean- Claude Buetasa Bakambana is the president of Asha Congo.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.