Asienhaus / Asienstiftung
- Aid for developing countries
- Peace politics
- Educational policy/project
In February 1995, the Asia Foundation and the information bureaus involved moved together under one roof to be able to do better justice to the modified prevailing conditions in the development aid work in Asia. The former administration building of the coal mine "Zollverein" in Essen-Katernberg became the Asia House. Not only the offices which participated in the Asia Foundation found their new domicile in this building. It offers enough space even for further Asia and development aid initiatives as well as "One-World-Groups". Already today, for example "Fair Handeln Essen e. V." has its club rooms in the Asia House. Even a Chinese language school has found its location here.
- The Asia House is meant to be a meeting point for people with different interests in Asia,
- Regular exhibitions of Asian art respectively photographic exhibitions shall make the cultural developments in Asia more famous,
- The Asia House has two event rooms which offer opportunities to perform meetings and public events of the member associations of the Asia House.
- The rooms can also be made available to other organizations.
The work of the Asia House is supported by the committee for development related education and media studies as well as Misereor.
The motivation of our organization:
The organizations Asia Foundation, the Korean Communication and Research Centre, the Philippine Bureau, the South-Asian Information Agency and the Tibet Initiative Germany which joined together in the Asia House want to contribute to communicate a differentiated picture of the countries and cultures of Asia and to promote the process of the intercultural dialogue in the interest of peace and social justice on all levels.
As per agreement, we can hold a lecture, procure up-to-date expert information and establish contacts within the framework of our organization.