Centre for Environmental Action and Development (CEAD)
G.P.O Box: 10488, New Baneshwor,
Contact person: Rupak Koirala
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Centre for Environmental Action and Development (CEAD) is a Nepalese NGO established in 2014 that aims to transform the quality of life in marginalized communities through education, technology and sustainable harvesting and management of natural resources.
Mission: To encourage environmentally-mindful development whilst delivering improved livelihood action nationwide.
Vision: To transform the quality of life for the people of Nepal through the promotion and integration of socio-economic and sustainable development (with consideration for living harmoniously within the natural world)
• To uplift livelihood of pro-poor and marginalized people through sustainable management of natural resources.
• To protect and sustainably manage natural ecosystems, with emphasis on threatened habitats and biodiversity.
• To develop collaboration with local and national stakeholder to engage support and commitment and engage them in nature conservation.
• To raise awareness and advocate within Nepal and elsewhere, of the need for conservation, to improve understanding and generate support through education, information and fundraising.
• To utilize research and technology to support policy development, environmental solutions and reporting,
• W.A.S.H.: We aspire to educate all of Nepal on hand washing and proper use of compost toilets.
• Earthquake and WASH: CEAD has been working with survivors at the scenes of the earthquakes devastation. They assist in construction of safe latrines, providing hygiene kits as well as conducting water testing. CEAD also puts much effort into the education of locals in proper sanitation methods and awareness of heath risks and sustainability. In particular CEAD works in educating the local women and children in methods of water purification and public health.
• Cooking Stoves: We aspire to educate all of Nepal on the use of improved cooking stoves and the benefits, thus reducing the use of biomass and the negative implications of human health.
• During the post Earthquake of 2015 relief, CEAD is playing as an advisor to NGOs and VDCs for WASH (Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene) programs and water quality in the districts of Tanahu, Nuwakot, and Ramechap.
• WASH programs includes the distribution of Hygiene Kits, filters and construction temporary toilets and also address women of marginalized communities to be of heightened concern, CEAD is partnering with the National Indigenous Women´s Forum (NIWF) to bring access to clean water and WASH education within the indigenous Kumal, Tamang, and Dalit Communities.
Rupak Koirala is the President of the Centre for Environmental Action and Development (CEAD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.