Alimentos de Argentina
1872 Avellaneda, Buenos Aires
Contact person: Castex, Jorge Dr.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
The organization maintains that the right to nutrition and education is the most important right of human beings and insists that hunger is one of the sources of family and social violence. We work with babies from 6 months upwords, with children, families and old people. Further we
- work for ecology in our "kingdom of earth",
- create a network of NGOs, companies and single persons who make donations,
- have our own means for the production of fortifying nutrition: stews, soups, salads, desserts and oatmeal for babies,
- distribute more than 10 million portions of food to different groups of poor people,
- distribute more than 450,000 school texts,
- obtained the Prize of Agricultural Merit in 2002.
- Have been recognized by the United Nations.
Alimentos de Argentina was nominated as a key agent of school meals by the School Meals Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (WFP, USDA, UN, etc.).
If advised in advance we can offer overnight facilities, lectures and information on topics related to nutrition, social development, hunger, violence in the family.