M-8A, Lajpat Nagar-II
110024 New Delhi
Contact person: Himanshu Rath
+91 9810030979; +911129836486, +91 1129840484
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
Agewell Foundation, India is a not-for-pofit NGO which has been working for the welfare and empowerment of older persons since 1999. Agewell has set up a two-tier network of over 7500 primary and 80000 secondary volunteers spread across 640 districts of India and interacts with over 25000 older persons on daily basis through its volunteers´ network.
Agewell Foundation seeks to reach out to larger audience of older persons and act as a catalyst of change in bridging the gap between generations and ensuring respectful and comfortable life for old people. Agewell Foundation interacts with older persons and their caregivers at all levels Family, Community and State.
Agewell Foundation is committed to make a coordinated effort with compassion and understanding to transform social attitudes towards senior citizens. The effort is to create the infrastructure to empower every older person.
Agewell has been set up to initiate better interaction between the generations. It endeavors to:
• Bring about a change in perceptions about Old Age
• Initiate steps towards senior citizens friendly environment
• Evolve a sense of moral and social responsibility towards senior citizens
• Advocate for the needs and rights of senior citizens
• Extend a helping hand to senior citizens wherever required
Programs and Projects
• Agewell Interaction Centre for older persons: The centre is a platform that initiates a better understanding of the problems of ageing from a social perspective and provides a platform for the aged as well as those concerned to come together to share and care.
• Agewell Monitoring & Evaluation Centre: Agewell Foundation undertakes innovative research studies, supervision and evaluation for routine social projects. The monitoring & evaluation activities cover all sectors linking old people.
• Agewell Training program: Agewell Foundation has undertaken a sensitization and training program for various stakeholders like Delhi Police personnel about needs & rights of older people.
• Free Healthcare Campaigns for destitute elderly: An initiative to identify basic healthcare requirements of destitute elderly living in the slums and provide them with medical/healthcare assistance
• Agewell Share the Warmth Campaign: A special winter campaign of Agewell Foundation; To protect destitute older persons from bone-chilling cold during winters
• Study on Human Rights of elderly in India: A critical reflection on social development
• "I Am Responsible" Campaign: A school outreach program in collaboration with REC; To sensitize school children towards needs of old people and energy & water conservation in Delhi-NCR through various mediums viz.
• Helpline & Redressal Services: Agewell Helpline for senior citizens in Delhi
• Social Activities: "Share a Smile with Your Elders" – School Contact Program; Agewell Family Membership Scheme
• Employment & Job Opportunities: Agewell Eklavya-Employment Exchange for senior citizens
• Voluntary Activities: Aadhar – Nationwide Voluntary Action Network
Himanshu Rath is the Founder of Agewell Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.