Contact person: Dr. Arne Thies
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
BonAgera is a non-profit organisation established and registered in Munich in 2011, It campaigns for independent, sustainable, economic development, primarily in Africa.
• Independent, sustainable economic activity gives people in "developing countries" the chance to take their future into their own hands and to gradually eliminate debt and the need for external assistance.
• We follow the guidelines of the eco-social market economy and social business.
• We provide access to self-help with adapted methods and techniques to overcome the vicious circle of poverty, thus enabling people to live in dignity in their homelands.
BonAgera e.V. ...
• provides access to proven adapted techniques, coupled with locally adapted financing options. Thus we give people in "developing countries" the chance to take their future into their own hands and to gradually eliminate debt and the need for external assistance.
• relies primarily on the "south-south development" (know-how transfer between people of similar cultural backgrounds)
• promotes private sector involvement on site and is the mouthpiece of local civil societies (mainly women´s communities)
• provides access to independent self-help through the networking of people, companies and institutions to deliver professional, effective and creative solutions for an ecological and social market economy.
• advocates for the self-determination of the people so that they can decide on the preservation of their cultural identity and their resources themselves.
Currently, BonaGera is mainly involved in three different projects:
• Well building´s going well - Benin: Our project is based on a successful procedure from the Congo and gives the communities in rural areas autonomous access to clean water.
• Bonergie - access to energy, bringing self-determined development: Bonergie is a "social business" in Senegal, West Africa. We offer our customers a wide range of products based on solar energy, so that they have access to light, water and electricity.
• Yanomami Aid - protection of indigenous peoples in Brazil and Venezuela
Our focus is on the project:
Autonomous access to clean water - A Helping people help themselves project is realized in Benin through "South-South know-how transfer" (Africans help Africans).
• Construction of drilling tools and pumps by local companies without specific imports (labor procurement)
• Construction of wells and installation of pumps by well builders
• Co-operative involvement / management of all stakeholders and support for complementary actions to ensure independence and sustainability (education, energy, health, agriculture & finishing)
Arne Thies is the Vice President of BonAgera e.V..
On request we can offer other net participants overnight accommodation. We can also give advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of: experience on the African continent.