Climate Change Network Nigeria (CCN Nigeria)
Peach House, Plot 30, Pipeline Road
Rukpokwu,Port Harcourt, Rivers State,
Contact person: Surveyor Efik
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
Climate Change Network Nigeria (CCN-Nigeria) is a not-for-profit, nongovernmental, national coalition of over 150 diverse civil society organizations from across Nigeria; working on promoting climate-friendly Nigeria through multi-sectoral approach and partnership (public, private & civil society sectors). It came into existence in 2007 as a measure to evolve a national CSO-led integrated stakeholders´ involvement in climate solution efforts for effective mitigation, adaptation and national response to the impacts/vulnerability of Nigeria.
A climate-friendly Nigeria with sustainable green development that guarantees the safety of the ecosystem (human and Natural).
To sentisize and contribute to strengthening capacity of all categories of stakeholders with right-based orientation, actions, strategies and best-practices for enhancing climate-resilient (Adaptation) and low-carbon (Mitigation) development through multi-setoral partnership (Government, Business Civil Society Sectors).
• To educate, build and strengthen capacity of the civil society stakeholders on climate-resilient (Adaptation) and low-carbon (Mitigation) development.
• To promote national top-down policy and advocacy framework, including green economy initiative, Climate Justice and Gender Equity for effective bottom-up implementation of national climate change agender at the grass roots.
• To mobilize and enhance knowledge of all categories of stakeholders, including communities, youths, women, children, the less privileged and other vulnerable groups on their civic roles, actions and contribution, for improving the social, economic, cultural, environmental and politic conditions impacted by climate change.
• To promote stakeholders participation in the global negotiation processes and contribute to enhancing effective domestication of appropriate international instruments for combating climate change.
Advocacy, civic education, capacity building, monitoring/evaluation, partnership/networking, researches, information dissemination, knowledge management, film/photo exhibitions, print/electronic media documentaries, campaigns, awards, project implementation and consultancy services.
Surveyor Efik is the National Coordinator of the Climate Change Network Nigeria (CCN Nigeria).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.