Contact person: RosaLyn Dressman
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Volunteers are welcome.
AfricanTide Union e.V. is a non-profit charity organization, founded in 2010 as to support the integration of migrants, especially coming from African countries, and to contribute to mutual understanding and respect between different cultures.
In doing so, we put our emphasis on nourishing a person´s original culture, since a lack of identification with his or her origin puts tremendous obstacles to his or her educational and social development and threatens the individual psyche.
Moreover, the organization is dedicated to enhancing a dialogue between adults, adolescents and children with and without a background of migration by collaborating with schools, kindergartens and intercultural and intergenerational meeting centers.
Our mission includes:
• The promotion of tolerance and international understanding regarding all aspects of life, culture and intercultural interaction.
• The promotion of intercultural youth, family and senior citizen services.
• The promotion of the social integration of people with a background of migration.
• The integration and reintegration of unemployed people and those searching for jobs into the job market.
• The organization of educational, cultural and recreational activities.
• The realization of multilateral projects.
• The promotion of educational projects like classes and seminars for children, adolescents and adults.
• Knowing you, Knowing me: aims to build bridges between different cultures and thus to promote mutual understanding. We work together with Africans and also people with non-African migrantion background presenting the benefits of diversity in order to strengthen tolerance and acceptance and also to improve the socio-economic situation of migrants.
• Responding to Challenges - The Role of the Diaspora: AfricanTide has created a discussion forum in which Diaspora Africans contemplated on how to deal with the negative criticisms they face which has become an essential factor to developing stronger systems of internal governance.
• A meeting point for single mothers with a migration background: Insufficient knowledge of the German language, social isolation and a lack of knowledge regarding the German educational system are a few among many factors that present insuperable obstacles to a successful integration of this group into German society. AfricanTide Union e.V. tackled this problem by conducting a seminar for women with a migration background that addressed exactly these challenges.
• The African Union Day: Information, Fun and Exchange
• The Homa Bay Project: Support of the District Hospital in Homa Bay/Kenya
• Nigeria Flood Help
RosaLyn Dressman is the Executive Officer of AfricanTide Union e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.