Christian Rural Aid Network (CRAN)
P. O. Box 097, UCC, Takoradi Road,
Contact person: Teye Kodzi, Patrick Agbesinyale
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Aid organization
- Volunteers are welcome.
Christian Rural Aid Network (CRAN), established in 1993, is a Christian non-governmental development organization committed to poverty reduction and rural development as well as rural evangelism in Ghana.
The overriding goal of CRAN is to support the development initiatives of rural communities, initiate and undertake rural development projects and provide the requisite impulses essential to galvanize development actions at the local levels with the intent to reduce and or eliminate poverty, impoverishment and suffering among the countrys large and growing rural population.
The main objectives of CRAN include to:
• initiate, plan and execute rural community improvement projects jointly with the target group.
• promote formal education among rural children.
• initiate programmes in practical non-formal training for people in rural communities with a view to equipping them with employable skills.
• work towards the economic and social empowerment of rural women.
• promote and undertake actions towards environmental protection.
• organize and raise funds locally and internationally for rural community development projects.
• work closely with both private and governmental agencies and churches in bringing about development to the rural communities in Ghana.
• promote rural evangelism and plant village Christian churches.
Programmes and Projects
• Promotion of quality basic education for rural disadvataged children
• Village Pre-School/Kindergarten and early childhood development projects
• Child Education Support Scheme (CESS)
• Girl-child education project
• Appropriate technologies for the enhancement of income generation / Opportunities for rural women
• Rural women non-formal vovational training and self-enployment projects
• CRANs rural and informal sector microcredit and savings scheme
• Village Enterprise Development Programme (VEDP)
Our major partner, CRAN - Freundeskreis e.V., Germany, provides the bulk of our yearly budget. CRAN also attracts funding for rural micro-projects from some international funding agencies (usually for specific projects) as well as from other international donor -NGOs.
Patrick Agbesinyale is the Director of the Christian Rural Aid Network (CRAN) Ghana.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.