4th Floor,Calls Landing, 36 - 38 The Calls
LS2 7EW Leeds
Contact person: Philipa Bragman
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Human rights
- Educational policy/project
CHANGE started 1993 and is a leading national human rights organisation led by Disabled People. We work for the human rights of all people with learning disabilities.
CHANGE empowers people with learning disabilities by actively campaigning for equal rights and inclusion.
We campaign on issues that are important to people with learning disabilities:
• Access to information about health and independent living
• Support for parents with learning disabilities
• Support to get a job with a proper salary
• Dealing with disability hate crime
• We meet and work with organisations such as government departments, local authorities and NHS trusts to make this happen in an accessible and inclusive way.
• CHANGE delivers training and produces accessible books, booklets, Picture Bank CD-ROMs and individual pictures.
Areas of work:
• Health: We train health professionals to provide better healthcare for people with learning disabilities and support people with learning disabilities to look after their health.
• Parenting: Parents Training for Change deliver training to professionals working with parents with learning disabilities to develop good practice around support and communication.
• Employment: At CHANGE people with learning disabilities develop accessible resources, deliver training and run projects. We deliver workshops and presentations to organisations who want to find out more about –employing people with learning disabilities.
• Sexuality: CHANGE's accessible sex and relationships booklets support professionals to improve communication with people with learning disabilities and make their sexual health services more inclusive.
• Advocacy-Our Voices: Our Voices is a project at CHANGE that empowers advocacy organisations. The project aims to give people with learning disabilities a strong voice and to make sure services involve them and listen to what they have to say.
• Hate Crime: Living Our Lives In Safety is a CHANGE project about Disability Hate Crime in Leeds. We are training people with learning disabilities about disability hate crime and how to run workshops.
Philipa Bragman is the Director of CHANGE.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.