Association Nationale pour l l'Appui à l'Initiative Féminine - la Protection Infantile et Envioronmentale
B.p. 240 Nouakchott
Contact person: mint Haidy, Maye
- Human rights
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
L'Anaif-Pie was founded in 1995 by a group of women who were convinced that it was necessary to protect women and to take care of justice between the sexes, that child minding and environmental protection are necessary in order to achieve a lasting development. The objectives essentially consist in supporting any women's initiative, the children and their rights as well as the ecological environment and to work on its protection. Objectives (grass roots development):
- Definition, studies and execution of small projects of socio-economic nature for women who are householders without any support after they have been organized in kooperatives.
- Support of the mothers and making them aware of the interest as well as the good treatment of the child by assuring it of a good staturo-ponderal development by a continuous mothers' breast feeding as well as an optimum hygiene in their lives to exterminate the protein and carbonated malnutrition which is responsible for 60% of the mortalities in our country.
- Protection of the children's rights, fight against any form of child exploitation and against any form of cruel practices (sexual exploitation, work, force feeding, excision of young girls as well as any kind of violence against children). Encouragement of young girls and assistance so that they will continue their studies to reduce the loss of school knowledge.
- Support of active unemployed persons so that they will be able to reintegrate into the active life and to help female workers so that they will be able to qualify themselves indirectly through practical training and seminars.
- Organization of appropriate writing and reading courses in Arabic, French and the native language in favour of the women as well as organization of multidisciplinary groups to meet the requirements of the population on the spot and in particular those of the rural women and children.
- Sensitization and moralization of idel women fort the danger of diseases which are sexually transferrable.
- Demand on every beneficiary to plant at least one tree which will be chosen by specialists.
- To make people aware of the necessity to safeguard faun and flora
Mrs. Maye mint Haidy is the chairwomen of l'Anaif-pie.
We can offer an overnight accommodation for other net participants. We can arrange for specialist information and establish contacts in the field of our work.