Center for Advocacy in Gender Equality and Action for Development (CAGEAD)
PO BOX 961;
Contact person: Clotilda Andiensa
- Human rights
- Peace politics
- Women's policy
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Center for Advocacy in Gender Equality and Action for Development (CAGEAD) Cameroon was founded in 2007 and is strongly committed to working with young women and youths to fight poverty, prevent disease and inequality in communities.
Its Motto is empowering women and youths for sustainable development.
The mission of CAGEAD is to empower young women and youths with the skills they need to make informed decisions, thereby creating a better society where they are healthy, economically strong, responsible and actively involved in the development process in their communities
CAGEAD´s vision is for a Cameroon where all women and youths:
• Contribute to the development of their communities
• Gain and share valuable skills vital for adulthood/reproductive health and live healthy lifestyles
• Have equal opportunities (political participation and leadership)
• Economically empowered
• Community education and advocacy against gender-based violence, trafficking, and harmful traditional practices;
• Facilitating the creation of gender clubs in schools;
• Creating monthly radio programs promoting women’s rights;
• Providing paralegal services; and
• Increasing young women´s access to reproductive health services.
• Addressing sexual harassment in schools
• Combating school related gender based violence
• Improving adolescents sexual and reproductive health/rights
• HIV/AIDS Prevention
• Preventing mother to child transmission (PMTCT)
• Increasing women´s participation in decision making
• Community mobilization for monitory and evaluation for effective service delivery.
Clotilda Andiensa is the Coordinator at the Center for Advocacy in Gender Equality and Action for Development (CAGEAD).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.