Aktion Zivilcourage e.V.
Lange Straße 43
Contact person: Tom Waurig
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
The society "Aktion Zivilcourage" was founded in the late 1990s as a youth initiative. Background were high local election results of extreme right-wing political parties in the former district Sächsische Schweiz and increasing violence, especially among young people.
The society "Aktion Zivilcourage" is an impartial union. Its work aims actively and positively to strenghten democracy, open-mindedness, courage, tolerance and plurality. It also aims to counter xenophobia, anti-semitism, discrimination, racism and violence. Its activities are focused on the region of "Landkreis Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge".
Our activities intend to open up a prospect for civic commitment to everyone, in order to make democracy experienceable. We supply facilities for self-realization as well as motivate and support people to live up to their responsibilities and act courageously in the face of discrimination and racism. The main emphasis of our work is put upon young people and those actors, groups, or parties with whom they interact.
We believe that a stable and prosperous democracy is marked by confident and active people who recognize their fellow man as an equal, in total disregard of social and cultural origin, sex, and denomination. We mean to encourage everyone to take responsibility for a peaceful organization of their own social environment by openly addressing problems in order to resolve them together in an open debate. We want our work to contribute to a growing entrenchment of the people with the region Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge.
Our work is guided by the strong conviction that dialogue is a neccessary prerequisite for the joint achieval of our goals. As competent partner do we strive for a sustainable effect of our work on local grounds, by means of a broad, open and continuous networking based on the partnership of initiatives, societies, administrations, churches and other democratic actors.
We are aware of the fact that the engagement of each single person for our democracy can only be promoted through positive and motivating experiences. For our past can not be changed, but for the active and positive shaping of our future can we take responsibility, together.
• Education: Lectures, seminars, trainings and regular school projects
• Consulting: We provide advice on dealing with anti-human attitudes, develop strategies or we can arrange other competent partners
• Reminder: Dealing with the two German dictatorships, particularly the period of National Socialism is to raise awareness of the responsibility we have for the creation of a peaceful and democratic society.
• Meeting: With intercultural meetings we want to provide new impetus to encouraging reflection and change of prefabricated and stereotypical opinions.
• Culture: With a broad and diverse range of readings, lectures, exhibitions, theater productions, concerts and the annual "Market of Cultures" we would therefore contribute to the cultural life of Pirna and the county Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge.
• Network and committee work: We work in many working groups and with various municipal committees.
Tom Waurig is Project Coordinator of Aktion Zivilcourage e. V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.