AMIS DE LA SANTE ONG
Commune de Ratoma
Contact person: Delamou, Dr., Alexandre
- Commune, community project
- Aid for developing countries
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
During an internship in the year 2001, young medical students experienced the problems confronting patients due to the treatment costs incurred. So they decided to build up an organization to help the sick: FRIENDS OF HEALTH: One year later, this organization had become a national development NGO, with the task of improving the health of the Guinean population.
FRIENDS OF HEALTH is an association according to Guinean law and is officially recognised by the Ministry of State Administration, Decentralization and Security.
Our present projects:
- Solidarity for health: The building of a health centre for the handicapped of Conakry.
- Aids-Station: HIV-Prevention among the young and care of those with venereal infections.
- PASCO: Project to promote the health of the general public.
- Project Guinea: North-South co-operation with French associations, summer and research work experience.
- COMEC: medical entrance examination (for scientific communication) in the faculty of medicine.
We can offer accommodation to other net participants. On request we can also offer them advice, compile a report, furnish an opinion and provide expert information and contacts in the following fields: health, social, Third World.