Deutsch-Iranischer Frauenintegrationsverein e.V. (DIFI)
voneinanderlernen - gemeinsam leben
Contact person: Mitra Zarif-Kayvan
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
The German-Iranian Women's Integration Society (DIFI) was founded early in 2007, with the aim of promoting the integration of female immigrants – particularly Iranians – into the German community, and encouraging them to take a more active part in the cultural activities of Düsseldorf, the regional capital.
The society promotes, organises and mediates ways of helping Iranian women to eliminate or reduce their personal and social problems and offers them support.
• Integration: respect, recognition, acceptance and assimilation with the rules, laws, language and culture of other countries.
• Tolerance: the basis of any inter-cultural work or efforts towards integration is the unbiased acceptance of the other - of foreigners and strangers.
• International understanding: breaking down prejudices, improving coexistence.
• Equal opportunities for women and immigrants, particularly disadvantaged members of society.
• Respect, anti-racism: reducing xenophobia, blind hatred and arrogance. Everyone in the world is equal, no matter what religion, origin, colour and ethnicity they have.
• Education – helping people of different nationalities, cross-generational culture and leisure activities. Informing, motivating and emancipating the women. New world, new surroundings, new contacts.
• Networking by contact, openness, advertising, attentiveness and exchange.
• Art and culture: since time immemorial, people of different cultures have been able to draw closer to each other through art. Art gives us a reason to ask questions and to understand backgrounds. We encourage this with a wide variety of art on offer.
• Women's, parents'. youth and pensioners' surgeries.
• Play group (ready to hand) in Farsi and German.
• Consultation specific to the culture for women in Farsi, Dari and German. (Legal advice)
• Everyday German – communication training
• Integration sponsoring for everyday life.
• Women's get-together
• For World Women's Day “On being a woman between integrity and integration”. A culture afternoon.
Mitra Zarif-Kayvan is the president of the German-Iranian Women's Integration Society (DIFI).
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.