Asociacion Cultural Peruana Chasqui e.V.
Contact person: Anke Velasquez, Margot Rodriguez
+49 (0)15773500619; +49 (0)89-41171464
- Educational policy/project
- Aid for developing countries
- Human rights
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Our name is our motivation. "Asociación" stands for association or coming together, "Peruana" stands for Peru and "Chasqui" for the much admired messengers of the Inca kingdom.
After its foundation and entry in the register in 2007, the association launched under the name "Asociación Cultural Latina Chasqui" - in 2008 together with the Organization of Cultural and Fundraising Events. Since 2015 our association has had the name "Asociación Cultural Peruana "Chasqui".
The purpose of the association
• to promote understanding between Europe and Latin America as well as to spread information about the countries of Latin America
• to develop and foster the culture and traditions of Latin America, to organize exchanges between Latin American cultural associations and institutions
• to support needy persons and non-profit organizations in Latin America.
• lectures, seminars, film screenings, exhibitions and festivals, which serve international understanding, provide information and promote cultural exchange.
• the maintenance of a cultural workshop, preserving South American songs and teaching South American musical instruments.
• funding of aid projects in South America.
• projects and fundraisers: We support our own social projects or those of partners in different regions of the Andean countries, mainly in Peru. With the help of our Latin American members and friends, "Chasqui" organizes fundraisers for the benefit of selected projects or proven emergencies.
• Spontaneous assistance during emergencies: In emergency situations we organize spontaneous aid. Unforeseen events such as disease or catastrophes threaten the lives of people in the short term. In proven individual cases "Chasqui" supports directly and methodically.
• Limatag St. Thomas: At the annual Limatag in St. Thomas, "Chasqui" directly supports the social commitment of the St. Thomas One World Circle.
• "Chasqui", together with the music group Supay, organizes an international Inti Raymi festival in Munich.
• social project "Children and Youth Support Centre in Alto Trujillo": In the Social Centre, an important foundation stone has been laid for the future of children and youth. A school and vocational education as well as a social life combine to bring them a significant step closer to a better future. Priorities are: classrooms, training workshops, a sports ground, a school garden (including vegetable, fruit and herb cultivation..), courses for parents and children.
Margot Rodriguez is on the committee of the Asociación Cultural Peruana "Chasqui".
On request we can offer other net participants overnight accommodation. We can also give advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.