Desert Rose e. V.
Postfach 10 08 45
Contact person: Rahel Woldemichael
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Desert Rose was founded in 2013. The aim of this non-profit organisation is to combat organ trafficking in North Africa and the Middle East as well as to help the people affected .
We are a group of activists, some with an Eritrean background, with family members and friends who were victims of human trafficking, torture and extortion. We got to know each other through various individual public actions, and decided to come together in the form of an association in order to pursue our common goals more effectively.
How do we try to achieve our goals ?
- by raising awareness of human trafficking in Sinai
- by political lobbying for those affected
- by the documentation of cases of trafficking
- by networking NGOs, activists and other concerned people
- by support ing Sinai survivors through collaborations and our own projects
- by calling on the international community to combat the crimes in Sinai and to educate the public -
Our aim is to improve the situation of survivors of trafficking in Sinai . We work together with local partner organizations that provide direct support for those affected. For example, in Israel, where an estimated 7,000 Sinai survivors currently reside, the organization ASSAF ( Aid Organization for Refugees and Asylum Seekers) cares for victims of torture from the Sinai. Very few of them are officially recognized by the State as victims of torture or human trafficking, which is why government aid is denied them. The advice and assistance centre of ASSAF offers the following aid:
- Protection and psychological support for torture victims
- Intensive individual needs assessment
- Placements for medical assistance and follow-up care
- Advice regarding visas, accommodation and employment
- Social work, education and leisure activities
- Lobbying for Sinai torture victims in Israel
SOS Sinai - countering human and organ trafficking in the Middle East : "SOS Sinai" is an initiative of Desert Rose. We want to draw attention to the plight of the people who have been abducted in Sinai and brutally maltreated in so-called torture camps there. The victims are mainly Eritrean and Sudanese migrants who were detained on their way to Israel by Bedouins or abducted from refugee camps in Ethiopia and held to ransom Sudan in the Sinai for their liberation or - if this fails - for their organs to be removed.
Rahel Woldemichael is the President of Desert Rose.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.