Radio B.H.R. e.V.
Contact person: Peter Schoepe
- Media project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Aid organization
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Radio B.H.R. organisation aims to give the handicapped access to the world of modern media, in this case web radio. We would like severely handicapped people and the disabled to be able to use the computer and web radio actively and creatively and as a matter of course in their daily lives. Furthermore we offer advanced users the opportunity to exchange experiences and an outlet to make use of their knowledge and ability.
In particular this requires:
• furthering the education of the handicapped by regular meetings, provision of information, training sessions and lectures.
• introducing members and interested non members to the new media (web radio, creating their own programmes, internet and communication) by offering appropriate training, carrying this training out as well as working together with other institutions.
• developing, facilitating and maintaining communication networks for members and non-members, in the form of web radio studios, mailing lists, chat forums, discussion forums, email contact lists etc.
• representing the public interest in the area of non-commercial data communication, in particular the cooperation with public institutions and commercial enterprises.
• Encouraging national and international cooperation in the field of electronic communication.
Radio B.H.R. is the supporting body of the broadcasting station.
We portray the ideals and interests of our members to the public by carrying out events for members and interested non-members and by promoting our work in the media and in the internet.
Barrier-free Radio, based in Saarbrücken, is Germanys first internet radio with health tips and information from and about people with and without handicap. Our station can be received worldwide and around the clock via the internet. The programmes enjoy a positive response from our listeners in Germany and throughout Europe. We have set ourselves the goal of producing programmes covering various areas – information, entertainment and culture – and making them available via the internet or publicising them via our streams. The music on offer at present ranges from pop and jazz to evergreens, and is interspersed with informational and cultural articles.
Peter Schöpe is the President of Behinderten-Handicap-Radio.
On request we can offer other net participants advice and contacts in the field of our work.